How to Select the Best Research Paper topic
There is a lot that comes with research paper writing. Everything should be done procedurally and the first thing to do is, of course, deciding on the topic. The final choice of the topic depends on the knowledge you have gathered during reading. Most importantly, it should be in your area of interest. Pursuing research in any field of study requires that you gather enough information in that area.
Understanding what has been covered in past research will help you lay a good foundation for your current study. Therefore, don’t hesitate to work on this important aspect if you want to come up with a good research topic. This approach helps you identify critical gaps that exist in past research and use them to develop your research. Be guided as follows when picking your research paper topic:
- The specificity of the topic. Make sure that your topic is unique and specific to a certain matter that you are addressing. Avoid generalization of issues that may prevent you from realizing meaningful findings and contribution in your area of study.
Don’t settle for a broad subject like COVID-19. Ensure that you relate it with specific aspects: Covid-19 impact on the world economy, Impact of Covid-19 on Africa Development agenda and so on. The latter are specific compared to studying the effects of COVID-19.
- Understand it’s Significance. What is the importance of studying your current topic? This is an important question that you must answer as you prepare to write down your research paper topic. Remember that your topic should make a valuable addition to your area of study. For that reason, it will be prudent for you to understand the significance of your topic to your field of interest.
- Highlight the Aim and objectives. As you pick a topic to study about, make sure that you have an idea of the aim and objectives that will be met through it. Remember that you are not just picking a good topic. It should be one that will guide you throughout the writing of the different parts and sections. Therefore, you should be thinking of every research paper section as you refine your topic.
Sample Research Paper Topics
To write your research paper topic, you should familiarize yourself with several things and that includes looking at sample research papers. Here are some sample topics to study:
- Obesity in the American Society
- Juvenile delinquency among African Americans
- Dealing with stereotypes. A case study of terrorism connected with the Muslim community
- Healthcare in rural Asia
- Politics and Governance
- Religion in society
- Democracy in autocratic states
- Industrialization in China
- Social Media and its Impact on Politics
- Online marketing in our world today
Look out for a unique and specific topic idea to write about. Ensure that it has everything you need to write your paper from the beginning to the end. Having this picture in mind will help you pick an idea or topic that won’t be a problem when developing your paper.